Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year

Well Im off to a flying start!!! In my mind that is, I have been frantically scribbling down my ideas for the new year and cant wait to see them come to fruition.  I have had a bit of a hard time grasping the concept of Shirring.  My teenage daughters have been nagging me all summer to make them frocks for the beach with Shirring.  I tired my hand at it on the weekend but it didnt turn out the way that everyone says it should.  I have followed so many tutorials, however mine doesnt bunch up as much as I would like and made a size 5 childs dress which fits my 18 year old in the bust ho hum!!! Any body have some good hints as ive tried them all!!  Well off to the sewing machine again for the new year I have a spot at the Boutique Markets this Sunday starts at 8am - 1pm.  See you there maybe :D

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for following my blog, unfortunately I too am the worst shirrer and have read every tutorial ever!!!! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete